Best Joint Replacement Surgeon in Vadodara
Joint Replacement Surgeon
Surgery performed to heal the joint or repair any kind of joint in the body is known as Joint Replacement Surgery.
Looking for Joint Replacement Surgery, your search is over. Dr.Chirag Patel is one of the best Joint Replacement Surgeon in Vadodara.
Type of Joint Replacement Surgery
The severity depends on the level of damage and joint. The joint replacement surgery repairs the broken or replaceable bone with an artificial joint known as a prosthesis.
After the surgery, it normally takes 3 weeks to start walking and it may take up to 3 months to 1 year for the pain and swelling to subside completely.
Pre-Care for the Joint Replacement Surgery
To commence the surgery, It’s routine to be followed before a week, which will be prescribe by your doctor. A series of blood tests will also be conducted by your doctor to ensure about your health and get a go-ahead for the surgery. In some cases, a CT scan or MRI for surgical planning might be requested.
Therefore, to get the best treatment in Vadodara, please contact Joint Replacement Surgeon in Vadodara, Dr.Chirag Patel.
Procedure for Joint Replacement Surgery
During the surgery, the doctor inserts artificial joint (prosthesis) for replacing the damaged joint which is to be replaced. The surgery normally lasts from1 to 3 hours and is done under the usage of anesthesia.
90% of the people have found relief after the procedure as it help in swift movement of the joints and increases the quality of life. So, if you have any joint problem don’t wait and visit best Joint Replacement Surgeon in Vadodara, Dr. Chirag Patel at Adicura Superspeciality Hospital.
Joint replacement involves the resurfacing of the joint by removing the damaged articular surface and replacing it with metal and special plastic component which is fixed with the bone by using cement or without cement. The surrounding muscles ,tendons and ligaments are preserved for stability.
If you are suffering from any form of arthritis, your pain and stiffness is not controlled by conservative modalities (physotherapy,medicines)then you should undergo joint replacement surgery .
Due to advance technique of muscle sparing approach ,Pain after surgery is minimal. Still Doctor will give combination of medication to control the pain. pain will gradually diminish with time and physiotherapy.
Basic physiotherapy is started according to your replacement surgery to prevent the stiffness and make you mobile early. Follow the physiotherapy instruction to regain pain free full movement and built your strength to perform daily activity.
Commonly metal components are made of cobalt chrome/ titanium/ceramic The plastic component are made of highly cross linked polyethelyne material for longetivity. The surface of the componenet are smooth or specially coated.
Routinely patient will be discharged in 3-5 days depending on the surgery, progression recovery, patient comfort level and general condition.
With our minimal invasive technique, the damage to the surrounding soft tissue is minimal, so you don’t require prolong physiotherapy after surgery. As you are suffering from arthritis for long time, the strength of the surrounding muscle is reduced significantly. To build up strength in those wasted muscles physiotherapy is required for 3-4 weeks period that will help in your routine daily activity and also improves your balance.
- Stich removal – after 12-18 days after surgery
- Shower- Don’t soak the dressing with water. you can take shower after removal of stiches. Gently pat the skin over incision dry and don’t rub skin after stich removal.
- Driving- depending on the recovery you may be allowed driving car after 3 -6 months. Two wheeler driving is not allowed for 9-12 months. you are allowed to travel in the car after 6 -8 weeks. You can fly after 6 weeks in airplane with required certificate.
- Sitting cross leg and squatting should be avoided till you are advised by doctor.
- Resuming work – you should be required to take at least 4-6 weeks of rest from the work. After that you can join the light duty work.
- Use high sit toilet and chairs and install handrails along stairs and in bathroom for support
- Remove loose carpet and electric cord to prevent fall
- If you feel excessive pain, large swelling, high grade fever or pus discharge from the surgical area, you should immediately contact your doctor.
- If you fall and get injury around the operated joint, you should call the doctor urgently.