Joint Preservation with Orthobiologics
In Ortho-Biologics therapy we use various blood cells and natural substances that helps in healing of the damaged tissue. It can be used as part of nonsurgical or surgical treatment.
Orth biologics can be characterized as substances which are normally found in the body that can be utilized to assist with mending orthopedic wounds. These substances, when injected into the site of orthopedic injury, improve the normal self-mending limit of the body. Orth biologics might be gotten from blood, bone marrow, and fat.
Orth biologics can be utilized to accelerate mending of fractures and repair torn muscles, tendons, and ligaments. They may likewise dial back degenerative changes in joints and may postpone or keep away from the requirement for total joint replacement.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections : A small amount of blood is obtained from your arm and processed in a centrifuge to obtain PRP. The PRP contains growth factors and other important proteins that can accelerate repair of tissues when injected at the site of injury.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate (BMAC) Therapy : Bone marrow contains a high number of precursor cells that have the potential to replicate and transform into cells of any tissue. The aspirate is usually drawn from your hip bone and injected into the injury site where the precursor cells may transform into the cartilage, tendon, ligaments, or bone cells as required.
- Adipose Tissue : It is nothing but fat tissue which contains blood vessels, regenerative cells, stem cells and connective tissue. This regenerative cells and stem cell helps in the healing process.
List of conditions that can be treated with ortho-biologics include:
Viscosupplementation Treatment for Arthritis
- Hyaluronic acid is used in the viscosupplement treatment. It is naturally occuring substance in the fluid in synovilal joint. It mainly function as lubricant inside the joint to reduce the friction between the joint surfaces.
- In early stages of arthritis the hyaluronic acid level in the joint fluid decreases that lead to pain due to friction.
- We inject the gel like fluid containing hyaluronic acid in the joint with aseptic precaution.it facilitate the movement and reduces the pain.
- After injection you should avoid heavy activity like long standing or running for 48 hours.
- Common side effect include pain ,swelling, warmth and sometime rarely allergic reaction
- The duration of pain relief varies between the patient ranging from 3 months to 18 months. It can be repaeted at 6 -12 months depending on the type of injection.